- Customer Center
- Our Company
- Our Services
- Our Products
- Learning Center
If you live in Gardner or a surrounding town, we welcome you to call or click now to become one of our 1000s of satisfied customers. Give us the opportunity to prove our product and our people are your best choice for your oil heating needs...
Efficiency & Conservation
As a full- service oilheat company, we believe strongly in efficiency and conservation. It is our firm belief that oilheat is, and will remain, one of the most efficient, cost-effective, and low-emission heating technologies available. But we can all do more. That's why we're the only area oilheat company that provides ULTRA2BIO Premium BioHeating Oil, a premium blend of petroleum-based fuel oil enhanced with a combustion-improving ingredient, along with BioHeat, a renewable, organic home heating oil. The benefits are many:
- Cleaner burning
- Fewer particulants
- Lower emissions
- Higher efficiency
- Fewer deposits
- Increasing energy independence
Invest in the Efficiency of your Home
In order to use the least amount of energy to heat and cool your home it is important to look to see where heat might be escaping. Consider replacing old drafty windows with modern thermo pane window assemblies. Home over 20 years old often have less insulation in the attic space then today's standards would dictate. If you have a home built before 1950 chances are you may not have insulation in your walls. Contact a local insulation contractor to have your insulation inspected and get prices to bring your home up to today's standards.
Energy management has become an important way of improving efficiency. Programmable thermostats are available at department stores and home centers. Did you know that properly using a programmable thermostat in your home is one of the easiest ways you can save energy, money, and help fight global warming? An ENERGY STAR qualified programmable thermostat helps make it easy for you to save by offering four pre-programmed settings to regulate your home's temperature in both summer and winter - when you are asleep or away.
The most obvious way to cut your energy use is by using the most efficient furnace or boiler. If your heating system is over 20 years old Chair City Oil can give you an honest evaluation of what options you have to improve the efficiency of your existing system as well as provide you a free quote for ultra efficient boilers and furnaces. We can calculate real savings so you can decide if the investment can pay for itself.
Ten Ways to Help Heat Your Home More Efficiently
1. To reduce your oil heat bill, turn the heat down when possible for 5 hours or more. Reducing your heat by 10 degrees for 8 hours twice a day can save as much as 15% on your heating bill. So turn the heat down when you're away at work and at bedtime - it'll help save money and the environment. Consider installing a programmable thermostat that can automatically adjust the temperature throughout the day.
2. Make sure that draperies, furniture, and other items are not obstructing the heat coming from the heating vents. If vents are blocked, you're not getting the full benefit of the heat you're paying for.
3. Have your heating system checked periodically by a professional service technician to make sure it is operating at peak efficiency. An annual tune-up is recommended by all leading heating system manufacturers.
4. Dust is an excellent insulator and tends to build up on radiators and baseboard heat vents. Dust actually slows the heating of rooms dramatically. Dusting or vacuuming these surfaces frequently will prevent this from happening and improve your comfort.
5. Stop those drafts! A leading cause of high heating bills and uncomfortable rooms is drafts around windows and doors. Most drafts can be sealed simply by applying inexpensive caulking and weather stripping. This is an excellent do-it-yourself project that will quickly pay for itself.
6. If needed, get an upgrade on your home's insulation. If you haven't already, insulate your attic and outside walls. If you have older style windows and doors, upgrade them as well.
7. Leave the shades open in all windows that are exposed to sunlight. Even though it's cold outside, the sunlight still delivers heat. It will help your heating system heat your home.
8. If you have a fireplace, be sure the damper is closed when not in use. You will lose a lot of heat up your chimney if it is left open.
9. DO NOT USE YOUR COOKING STOVE TO HEAT YOUR HOME. It's very dangerous, expensive, and doesn't do an efficient job. It's also bad for the stove. Wood and pellet heating stoves are just two of the many alternative heaters you may choose - make sure to follow the manufacturer's installation and operating instructions to be sure you are using them safely.
10. Give us a call at 978-632-4600 for more suggestions for saving money on your heating bills. If needed, we'll send a licensed technician to your house for a home energy audit and offer suggestions to help you use less oil to heat your home.
For more information and a FREE home heating system consultation, call 978-632-4600 or use our contact page